Lumenis M22 IPL. Intense Pulsed Light™ (IPL) is a breakthrough age spot treatment that can address numerous skin conditions, without injuring the skin’s surface. IPL offers a gentle, long-lasting solution for visible signs of skin damage that affect the way you look. It also combines dramatic improvement with virtually no down time. You’ll walk out of the doctor’s office and into the rest of your life without the wounds or swelling associated with surgery, chemical peels and laser resurfacing.
- Protective eyewear is given to the patient
- A topical anesthetic may be applied to the skin for added comfort during the procedure. (Optional)
- A cooling gel, which reduces the sensation of heat from the hand piece, is applied to the treatment area
- Cold air cooling to the skin may also be given during treatment
- The smooth glass surface of the IPL hand piece is placed directly over the treatment area
- Precisely calibrated light waves, which vary in intensity according to the type of skin, the location of the treatment area and treatment type, and the depth of energy penetration required for optimal results, are emitted by the hand piece
- Treatment continues over a single, specified area (face, legs, neck, or arms) with a series of brief, even passes
- After 30 – 40 minutes, the session is complete. The patient may experience a slight redness to the treatment area, which usually disappears in an hour
- Over a series of treatments (usually 2-6, at 3-4-week intervals) the treatment area becomes clear of spots, birthmarks, discoloration or unwanted veins
Conditions: Age Spots & Sun Damage
Remove Age Spots. Aging has three main factors: genetics, time and environment. While you can’t change what kind of skin you inherit or the number of years on your calendar, Intense Pulsed Light™ (IPL) treatments can dramatically improve appearance by removing visible cues like age spots. Protocol varies according to the individual, but on the average, expect 2-6 treatments scheduled at approximately 3-4-week intervals. Age spots darken temporarily after treatment, then slough off in a matter of days, revealing smoother, more even skin tone and a more youthful appearance.
Alleviate Rosacea. If you suffer from the chronic redness and flushing that characterize facial rosacea, you know how aggravating this condition can be, and how it can negatively affect so much of your life. IPL offers a practically painless and long-term solution for rosacea treatment. Results that will not only change how you look…but how you feel.
Erythematotelangiectatic Rosacea. Unpronounceable, but thanks to IPL, not untreatable. The facial redness, flushing and visible blood vessels associated with this condition will gradually vanish with targeted IPL treatment. Controlled injury to the blood vessels initiates the body’s natural response to break down and remove damaged tissue. New cells rebuild and replace the problem area with clear, beautiful skin.
Eliminate Birthmarks. Most birthmarks are harmless, and many fade away in the first few years of life. But for those that persist, IPL offers a revolutionary birthmark treatment that completely avoids the complications and side effects of alternative options like corticosteroid medications, surgery and freezing. IPL is a low-trauma treatment for children, as well as a true answer for adults who want to solve the problem safely and simply.
Erase Broken Capillaries. You know those little red lines that appear around the nose or on your cheeks…and stubbornly resist cover-up? Intense Pulsed Light™ (IPL) treatment can banish them. By delivering broadband light in highly focused pulses, IPL provides pinpoint accuracy to capillary removal that won’t disturb healthy tissue or other blood vessels in the area. Veins disappear. And there’s nothing to show you’ve had anything done, except clearer, younger-looking skin.
Conditions: Lentigo (Freckles)
Fade Freckles. What might be adorable as a kid often proves less desirable as an adult. Bleaching agents, strong acid peels or ablative lasers were a common approach until Intense Pulsed Light™ (IPL). IPL freckle treatment works without causing allergic reactions, burns or the uneven skin tones often associated with bleaching. And unlike aggressive peels and lasers, it doesn’t damage healthy tissue, cause scarring or require a lengthy recovery. After a few gentle treatments, even the most stubborn freckles simply fade away.
Lentigines or Freckles